I am swapping my old computer for a VGA card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Boss man wants a screw about box so he can play around with Linux at home.
He wants a small desktop box.

Meanwhile, I have following parts that i am kicking around at home with no use for.

1x P-III 733 CPU
1x 128Mb SDRam @ PC 133
1x Aopen All-In-One Motherboard
1x 52x CD Rom
1x Aopen A340 Case with 4 months warranty on it.

The boss told me that i can swap it for a video card.
What video card do you think would be a fair swap for the parts that I am giving him up there.

BTW, I have been offered $80 just for the motherboard and the CPU from on of my freinds. And the case is worth about $66 new.
Both of those prices are from the wholesale channel,

Shrapnill said:
According to www.newegg.com that hardware is worth approx $250.

US DOLLARS????? DAMN!! I am in the wrong country to see this baby off then. So far, I think the best offer I have been given is AU$120.

How much warranty is newegg giving? The gear I have has not warranty at all. The best I will give to my boss is 30 days. And after that I don't want to know about it.

Shrapnill said:
Consider a Radeon 9800Pro like this one.

Tempting. I need to check what I can get them some thing like that for via my suppliers. I have noticed this month as had a few big shifts in prices.

And to finish off, my boss is a tight @$$. When my boss farts, only dogs hear it.

Okay, I just had a chat with my boss, and has told me what value he will give me for the computer. (don't ask.) And he is asking for no warranty on it beyond 7 days. (Effectively a D.O.A. Warranty)

Now that i can prolly spend about $100 extra on this venture.

Now my options are :-

ATI.jpg

Gigabyte ATI Radeon 9600 XT
500MHz CoreClock/ 128MB, AGP8X,Pixel Pipeline 8X, Direct X 9.0, TV-out, DVI, Twin View
For the value of OLD PC + $120

nvidia.jpg

LeadTek A360TD FX5700
256Mb TV/DVI/Twinview/VIVO
For the value of OLD PC + $130

BTW, before people are saying that i am getting ripped off, I will just remind people that i work computer wholesale. So my boss can pick up ANYTHING cheap.

I have a ATI AIW 9700 Pro and a Leadtek Ti 4600 ultra vivo ill trade 1 of the 2 for your hardware :)

That ATI has been given GREAT reviews on TechTV. So I would go with that one.

would the ATI make that much of a difference over the nVidia card, even thought the ATI only has 128Mb Ram where the nVidia has 256Mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom