would 2 gigs be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
XP Pro in itself is about 900MB-1GB install. Roughly. It depends on if you have slipstreamed anything into it or not. I think it was originally 700MB or so to fully install.

So to answer you question....ehhh. It all depends on what you plan on installing and if you are gonna install it all on another drive. If this is your only drive and it has only 2GB then i wouldnt suggest it since you wont be able to install much before you are full.

Hope that helps.

I doubt that'll be enough...but even if it is, its definetly not recomended...

Is it because 1 of the partitions you have only has this much empty space or this is all you have from the entire hd?

I think you need a 1.5gig for xp pro...so you would be cutting it pretty close.

You wouldn't be able to load any other apps.

As I can see from your specs, you have a 13gb hd...so most likely, you dont have except that 2 gigs of free space...As Makaveli213 said, it all depends on what you are going to install on it (other than the os)

Also, if you are planning on installing XP Pro as a second OS, then I think itll be a little annoying...given your pc specs (p3, 256mb ram...)
If you really want XP, then I would sugest having it as the only OS on your pc...then, youll have some more disk space available...Itll also be a little anoying but itll definetly be better than having it as a second OS and running on a 2gb partition...

i think he is talking about installing Windows XP Professional on one 2-GB hard drive

i think thats impossible, you need at least 4.3 GB to make xp run properly without apps.

well someone said that they will give me a hdd but it only has 2 gigs.. so im gonna put that in my computer, put xp on that, and have my other hdd, which is only 12 gigs, and use that for software and all that...

i would install windows 2000, its works just as good, its fairly recent (5 years old) and only takes up 1 gig total.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom