3dMark06 arrives wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
efd753 said:
But cpu dont account for much when it comes to 3d graphics. is called 3dmark not overallperfomancemark. In game cpu wont help u much, as long as u have a p4 3ghz or amd 64 3000 u fine.

Yes, its sad but true how the video card has become the core component of the PC and everything else, including the CPU, just provides re-inforcements for it.

Nowdays also, its the hardware that has to advance to catch up with the games, shortening the life of graphics cards tremendously, unlike how it was once the games that had to catch up to the hardware.

oh yeah oh yeah WOOT WOOT, cant wait, wait isnt that tomorrow i dunno but all i really want to do is make this thread

721d101b76.jpg

:p

but really i cant wait to see how good it looks, but with my 7800GT i bet im going to get 0.2fps and it wont even look that great :D

I heard they've included a non-numerical scoring system in 3Dmark06.

- You're system sucks
- Ha, Ha are you kidding me?
- LoL - What is this a Dell?
- Giant Paper Weight
- BSOD

HAVOC2k5 said:
I heard they've included a non-numerical scoring system in 3Dmark06.

- You're system sucks
- Ha, Ha are you kidding me?
- LoL - What is this a Dell?
- Giant Paper Weight
- BSOD

ROFL.

Anyway, I wonder how large the file size will be. Satellite's crappy fair access policy will limit my download capacity in a short period of time, so there will have to be a bit torrent version for me to get it (pause and resume ftw). Download manager for pausing downloads always seems to screw them up and get me incomplete files.

3Dmark has always been much too advanced for the hardware availible at the time...6800GT would average I'd say 20FPS in 05 so this really isn't any sort of news

Basing 06 on what games to expect in the future would be no different than basing 05 on what games to expect in 2005, and they all played perfectly fine on the high range hardware so that assumption is bollocks

And saying it should be more CPU dependant is again silly as already pointed CPU has little bearing on your actual rendering

NathanM said:
ROFL.

Anyway, I wonder how large the file size will be. Satellite's crappy fair access policy will limit my download capacity in a short period of time, so there will have to be a bit torrent version for me to get it (pause and resume ftw). Download manager for pausing downloads always seems to screw them up and get me incomplete files.
Wow limited bandwidth sucks, I used to have that on free dial up. Got cable now.

NathanM said:
ROFL.

Well, may-be someone nice on TF will send you a Burned Copy of it.

Although i'm not sure who that might be?

003 said:
Wow limited bandwidth sucks, I used to have that on free dial up. Got cable now.

I'm stuck with satellite because it's the only broadband solution out in the country. I did have DSL for a long period of time when my parents were divorced and I was living with my mom, but they got back together so I'm stuck with this :(.

Also, provided it's on BitTorrent or I can get a download manager to work properly, I should be able to get it downloaded as long as it isn't an absurd file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom