Gigabit GA-K8NF-9 and X2 3800+ advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwaynejohnson69

Beta member
Hi guys. I'm looking to get a dual core system becuase I multitask a lot, and becuase AMD seems to be better than intel, I have decided to get a entry level AMD x2 3800+ and a motherboard. Undecided on the exact motherbard yet.

1. Looking at the gigabit GA-K8NF-9

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=99477

http://www.giga-byte.com/MotherBoard/Products/Products_Spec_GA-K8NF-9.htm

Basically I already have a graphics card that I want to keep because it has dual screen output (Nvidia geforce 4 Ti 4200)
The motherboard says it has pci express graphics card slot.
So could I simply slot this card or do I have to get another graphics card or motherboard. I'm not sure if they are compatible.

2. I've never had a system with any need for major cooling. Would this system need any specific cooling device, other than the stock cooling that comes with the processor. I'm not going to overclock

3. any other advice on this system would be much appeciated.
I have 1gig RAM. Have a Serial ATA HD which I connect via PCI slot, and and an IDE drive. That's about it.

Thanks

you cant keep the graphics card cause its AGP and the mobo is PCI-E

you only need stock cooling cause your not overclocking

and just buy another set of the ram you have of you want 2gb but it will be in 4 DIMM slots

^^^^ I just realised I use a midi connection for a music keyboard. But this motherboard doesnt have a 16 pin connection. My old motherboard (asus a7n8x-e) did. Is there any way around this. With a pci card etc.

You don't really want to get 4 sticks of RAM. I would suggest getting a set of 2x1gb Corsair Value Select.

^^^ just for future reference. Why is this?

The reason I was thinking 4 sticks was that I already 1gb, and don't want to spend money on 2 new GB if I can just add a gig. Buying the new sticks and not using the old one seems a waste, as they are perfectly good sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom