hp recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

houff

Solid State Member
i was given a old hp pavilion machine. i found a friend that had a machine with same OS (ME) on it. but the disk trys to start then says that this disk cant be used with other then the machine it came with. is there any way to fake it out so it will think it is on right machine. the hard dive has been wiped clean, and it was built before the hidden partions. plus it is so old that that recovery disk cant be found.
if not i seen a lot of places selling ME cheap but say they are imprinted with dell logo if i got one of those would i still run into same types of problems.

yes i know ME is no good but have no money and just want to get my kids off my machine. tyvm for any help i can get with this problem.

get an old copy of win98. ask your friends someone will have a copy they are no longer using. more stable than me and for kids it will work fine.

well what i use to do with computers like yourse that didn't have the recovery cd anymore and was a bit older.

i would wipe the hard drive clean and install win98 instead of winme and then either find the drivers or save the drivers before you format it and save them to a cd.

so then just install a fresh copy of win98 and then install the drivers and that's all you need.

warez not sure if i can edit think i know how and willing to try do u know what file would have the info that needs changing and if i cant i do know someone with a 98 copy if i can get him just to look for his wife hate me lol

i couldnt get windows from any one so i am going to try linux thank you guys for all your help

sry to be a pain but my next dumb question is found a copy of xp pro but they dont have the activation code is there a way around

download rockxp and it will tell you the serial from xp that is on it right now then use that for the new one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom