is any of this worth reusing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesta

Baseband Member
Im thinking of starting in on a new cpu build.

My old one was built almost 2 years ago, and was done on a small budget. So i bet most if not all of it is unusable now. But i could be wrong. If i forget to mention anything lemme know, i havent looked into cpu hardware since building this one, so i forgot alot of what i picked up on then.

mobo - a7n8x-e deluxe
cpu - amd athlon, 2500xp
Ram - 2x, 256mb 2700ddr corsair's.
Video card - Geforce 4600ti, 64mb (old i know ><)
HD - two WD, on 80bg, one 160, both 7200 rpm. these should be good still.
power supply- i forgot its brand, but its 450watt if that helps.
cdr - this was a gift, no idea on its quality. 52x32x52x LG cdrw. (i dont need a dvdr, my laptop is networked and, has one that i can burn things on. not saying that i wont get one, just its not needed.)
I have a great speaker system, so no need to upgrade it.
monitor is from the early 90's, garbage andmust go.
My fans are all pretty worn, so i dont think any are reusable.
The case is really dirty, but nothing a good cleaning wouldnt fix.

That being said, I would think 1,000-1,500 is what a good total price would be for me. Alot has came out since my last build, so im going to start from scratch and learn this all over again. so any advice on a build would be greatly appriciated.

If its really not worth keeping anything other then the larger hd, i may just clean the old machine up, and network it with the one im building soon.

i'll take the cpu, mobo, ram, and vid card cause as u can see in my sig, my computer sucks!

2fast4u, if i decide i dont need the spare parts i may mail the extra parts to you if you still need them by the time im done. But before i can say that i will, i need to first see if anyone in my house needs any of them. My dad might for his cpu.

anyway, is this still a good build? My cpu is used for gaming, photoshopping and watching anime (yeah im a nerd :) )
I got this build from reading a few of the other topics i found searching the forum.

MSI K8N NEO4-F --- 80.00$ now, i can probally afford more. if theres better
X2 3800+ --- $322.00, probally step this down a notch, i feel processor are ahead of the game. no need for a top notch one.
2*1GB corsair valueselect --- $194.00, This sounds on the mark.
HD's are covered already.
Case ASPIRE X-Navigator ATXA8NW-AL --- $154.00, comes with a 500watt supply
eVGA 7800GT --- $314.00, nvidia the way to go now? i used to be a fan of ati. but i know nothing of the new models.
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 --- $75.00, ive always used on board sound. do these make any difference?

I think that list is missing some things, will processors come with a good stock fan now? or is it best to buy one?
monitor, ill go with a nec lcd, 309.00
keyboard/mouse, $75 for both i would guess.

That puts me at 1,523.00, Should i step down the processor in favor of a better mobo? what about the video card, is that overkill? 1,500 is doable but i'd like to get it down some if possible.

Edit: one more thing, my sound and video card need to have a tv out function for my anime :D

thanks so much cause i really really do need them, but i also need a hdd if u choose to get rid of one.. but thanks that will make a big difference on my computer.. and thanks so much again if u do give them to me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom