Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
everybody was saying that vista was more secure and it was going to be hard to exploiter

Well think about it being based off of Server 2003 the most secure MS OS today. This security threat affected all versions of Windows all of them so I'm not sure if that shows a weakness. Compair Server 2003's security to Win2K which will not get any more SP's or XP.

I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but I have a question.

When Vista is done with the beta testing and it is released on the market, will they have 32 bit and 64 bit versions? I am really wanting to make the switch to 64 bit, but not until it becomes more mainstream. Hopefully by the time Vista is out (hopefully with 64 bit version) it will be more mainstream. :confused:

Vista is said to be done sometime July (ish) this year if there are no set backs.

There will be a 32 bit and 64 bit version. This is the last OS from MS that will be 32 bit after this it's all x64.

x64 is already mainstream enough in my personal opinion and I have no problems with it exept for one software which I have easilly replaced with WinRAR.

Microsoft has apparently pushed back the scheduled release date of SP3 to the second half of 2007. Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer had originally announced that the 3rd service pack for XP would be released before the launch of Longhorn (now Windows Vista).

Bink suggests that we could see a "Rollup Package" coming from Microsoft in the near future for XP, with the possibility of that package replacing SP3 all together.

One can also reason that Microsoft will use the delay of SP3 to further the cause of upgrading to Vista later on this year.

It's been a long time since Vista Beta testers have seen updates for Windows Defender. But finally on Tuesday, A new category for updates specified for the program appeared on the Windows Update site, the category for the updates has been classified under "Windows Products".

Along with that, another category named "Definition Updates" will be available for newly released definition updates for the program.

At the moment, Windows Defender is only available to Windows Vista testers and the updates will only become available to those who are testing Microsoft's new Update Service Pack 1.

Warez Monster said:
Microsoft has apparently pushed back the scheduled release date of SP3 to the second half of 2007. Microsoft executive Steve Ballmer had originally announced that the 3rd service pack for XP would be released before the launch of Longhorn (now Windows Vista).

Bink suggests that we could see a "Rollup Package" coming from Microsoft in the near future for XP, with the possibility of that package replacing SP3 all together.

One can also reason that Microsoft will use the delay of SP3 to further the cause of upgrading to Vista later on this year.

Does this mean that we won't be seeing internet explorer 7 for win xp untill 2007?

As far as i know IE7 is still on track for XP. They are rolling out Beta 2 of IE7 for XP in Feb or March. I dont know if they plan on doing it with the Feb CTP of Vista or if they are gonna wait till Beta 2 of Vista to launch IE7 Beta 2 for XP.

Another legal way to get vista

There is another way to get windows vista legally from microsoft. But it's a long shot but it worked for me. Go to http://beta.microsoft.com and sign up and type BetaReq when prompted for id code. This is an official microsoft web community where microsoft offers certain people to test there products. You may also be eligable to try other products that microsoft offers.

New Test Build of WPC Released

Microsoft made available for download on Wednesday the January Community Technology Preview test build of WinFX.

That means testers can get their hands on refreshed builds of Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and Windows Workflow Foundation (WF).

Microsoft also is making "Go Live" builds of WCF and WF available to testers who are interested in deploying these technologies in production early.

Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom