Ideal mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
filocardhustler said:
ahhh a familiar sight, what happened to your X-Blade rubber name on the side mesh.

That's just the basic X-Blade,They wanted $100 for the top model but i wasn't going to pay that just cause it had a name and a gay lcd controller ;) So i just opted for the cheap $50 one and got a vantec fan controller with the extra money :D

hmmmm I didn't even realise that it came in different editions until now, The one I got was the only X-blade kind available but the yes the 50 dollar pricing difference seems hardly worth it. You are probably best getting a different display anyway if you wanted it, the features are reasonable but it looks a bit generic.

hmmmm re reading what I writ, I was referring to the Display in my case as generic, The basic case of Shumway doesn't look any more generic than mine, sorry for not making myself clear.

filocardhustler said:
hmmmm I didn't even realise that it came in different editions until now

Yeah they had about 4 different version's,Another thing with mine is instead of a 120mm fan at the back i have two 80mm's and i don't have the Tool Free drive installation :confused:

I guess the rear 120mm fan is a bit of a bummer, it looks great from the perspective of the user but you'v probably got one anyway as they don't cost a lot, the not having tool free drive mounts is probably a good thing as well.

What do you in of the idea of dual purple cathodes in a case like the x-blade?

If you want to go with the uv theme there's uv paint you can buy also,It come's in a couple different color's and look's pretty good when done right,You can put it on top of your board's capacitor's or on the edge of your vid card and that.

The OCZ section doesn't appear to be in the power supply section of Scorp, that really raised my eyebrow but i'm gonna be calm and assume everything is good. This may sound a bit nutly but I might sleeve the already UV reactive cables with some green or purple sleeving to make it 'polyphonic'. I don't even know if there is purp but I definately will do some fan cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom