3dMark06 arrives wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this may be a dumb question, but why would they make a benchmarker so intense..?

that is what the 3dmark series is right..?

tommyboy123x said:
this may be a dumb question, but why would they make a benchmarker so intense..?
there can be a number of reasons
1. because they can
2. because hardware is accelerating pretty fast
3. because it encourages more intense competition, which means more people use the product. that possibly means more money for them.

So the $64,000 question is:

Which will be better, ATI or Nvidia?!?!?!

yep, i said it, let the flames begin!!!!! :amazed: :eek: :rolleyes:

Hopefully this one is a little less biased than 3dMark05, which undoubtedly favored ATI. I also hope this one takes the CPU into account a little more than 3dMark05 did, because the CPU has a lot to do with the system and in 3dMark05, a 6800GT would get pretty much the same score whether it was paired with an Athlon XP or Athlon FX.

thats why the call it 3dMark though. ATI didn't have the dominant 05 score untill the X1800 was released.

oh well, who cares. its the games that count right?

Sw1tCh[FX] said:
thats why the call it 3dMark though. ATI didn't have the dominant 05 score untill the X1800 was released.

oh well, who cares. its the games that count right?
I think they had the top single card scores before the 7800's were released

Yes, I scored 5500 on 3dMark05 with my X800 Pro but only scored 5100 with my 6800GT. However, my 6800GT totally wiped the floor with my X800 Pro and tossed it out to rot! :p 3dMark05 was ATI biased all the way. Thats also why ATI fanboys will never stop bragging about their 3dMark05 scores. They don't mention 3dMark03 which is a much better benchmark.

beedubaya said:
Hopefully this one is a little less biased than 3dMark05, which undoubtedly favored ATI. I also hope this one takes the CPU into account a little more than 3dMark05 did, because the CPU has a lot to do with the system and in 3dMark05, a 6800GT would get pretty much the same score whether it was paired with an Athlon XP or Athlon FX.

But cpu dont account for much when it comes to 3d graphics. is called 3dmark not overallperfomancemark. In game cpu wont help u much, as long as u have a p4 3ghz or amd 64 3000 u fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom