ambient light dvd /screensaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I once saw a DVD that simply displayed cycling colors so that you could use your tv as a sort of ambient light source. I have looked all over for something like this (preferably free, of course) but can't find anything. Even just a screensaver would work fine. Can anyone point me to something similar?

you can you media player 10, the visualizations are pretty good at that, i use them in the sense of what your wanting i think.

pic3tf.jpg

then just double click on the visualization and make it full screen, and of coarse play soft music for easy light and somthing hard if you want alot of change.

this is sort of random...

but my computer stutters if i have the visualization at full-screen, and my resolution is at 1024*768.

would buying a video card solve the problem?

WMP is alright but I really want something that displays a single color at a time so that the whole room lights up with one color.

I have tried Plasma already but it doesn't really have the settings I want. Sometimes it works alright for a few minutes but isn't consistent.

For now I'm just using colored jpgs that I made in the My Pictures screensaver. It's working but I'd rather have something that cycles smoothly through the color spectrum. Of course this isn't a really big deal but since my screen is always on anyway, I kinda like the cool 'mood lighting' effect.

mp10 has single color visualizations, there are a whole bunch of them. As for your question talldude yeah it might help to have a better videocard, i had the same problems on an older card i had as well.

HereÂ’s an image that changes color every 5 seconds, you could set it as your (stretched/tiled) background... or try to use it in the picture screen saver...

Cdu37229.gif

lol, only took a few minutes to make...

I can redo it in different colors and time frames, or ... two tone??:amazed:, the possibilities are endless!!

Thanks. I actually already edited it and set all the frames to the same speed. Kinda sloppy but it's better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom