help with video temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trifid said:
My 7800gt idles at 40, but I have very good case cooling, and its threshold is at 115*C.

Sorry, I should of gave you a choice of good heatsinks, and went for the one I would go for. The Zalman CNPS7700-CU is also good, but you will have to check compatibility with your mobo. The Thermaltake big typhoon goes up quite high, so i think it fits nearly all motherboards. The ThermalRight XP-90C will be playing it safe, but you will need to add a 92mm fan onto it.

well my 7800gt also idles at 40c sometimes even lower.. once i start a game.. it goes a bit over 50. when you say its threshold is 115c, do you mean that is the max it should be before it overheats? i will check out those heatsinks thanks for the reccomendations. also i have a question about case cooling. right now i have an 80mm side fan and an 80mm back fan.. oo yea also the psu has a fan. now i was thinking about adding a fan that intakes air, but i came across the issue of dust getting in the case. my house is especially dusty because my basement is being fixed and also we have rugs on the floors. do you think intake is a good idea? oo yea 1 more thing, how much of a change will i see if i get rid of the stock heatsink and put on one of the ones you chose?

Load in the low 40's with them.

Have the side fan as an intake. If you are worried about dust, you can get a dust cover thing for it. I have foam all the way up the front of my drive bays, and I only have the dust that coolected when I left the door open when I was waiting for a replacement HDD.

At 115*C the PC should shutdown.

Trifid said:
Load in the low 40's with them.

Have the side fan as an intake. If you are worried about dust, you can get a dust cover thing for it. I have foam all the way up the front of my drive bays, and I only have the dust that coolected when I left the door open when I was waiting for a replacement HDD.

At 115*C the PC should shutdown.

wow so one of those heatsinkks will lower my cpu 10 degrees. thats alot. im definetley gonna do that. so just to make sure im 100% clear. my 7800 temp is ok right? and i should lower my cpu temp with a new heatsink

I'm backing PZERO up with the Zalman VF-700cu. That sucker rocks. I'm using it right now. Talk about higher overclocks than I WAS getting...

Ryan

well for now.. im not gonna get the video card cooler because apparantly 55c isnt that high. i will get the new heatsink for my cpu though.. and also ill try to set up a good intake/exhaust system for my case. thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom