D:\ drive gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfX

Baseband Member
For some reason, I don't know what I did but my D:\ Drive is gone where my CD's are.

Is there any way to recover this?

I think this happened to me once, I don't remember what happened but I have some ideas of where to start. You might want to check out the hardware manager in the properties of my computer. has your optical shifted drive letter or has it just disappeared?

cdrom.JPG

That's my Device Manager. See anything?

I don't know if that was meant to be sarcastic but yes, something is up with ur optical, perhaps your drivers got defunked, which would explain why it doesn't register but it is attatched physically.

No I wasn't being sarcastic. But yeah, So what do you think I should do to get it back?

You could reinstall the OS, but that's nutly, the drivers for the device should be on your windows CD anyway or you could download some generic ones of the internet. The problem might be something else but it's probably drivers.

right click on it and delete the driver, then reboot windows, should do the trick. or switch a jumper setting on the drive itself to slave/master/cable select just to see if you can get it to mount.

You can also try looking for the drivers of this on the WINDOWS folder. After you do what [wakeboarder.cwd] says you can try browsing for its drivers with the Hardware Wizard there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom