Looking to get new computer..Not sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdogg1108

In Runtime
Hey everybody,
Just wondering does cyberpowersystems.com let you purchase parts for a computer and then they'll build it for you and send it to you? Thats what i heard. Anyways if they do i was thinking of buying a gaming computer from them. But im not sure what i should get since im not a computer expert and also i dont know how much it would be for a good gaming computer? So if someone could tell me approx. how much money it would be for a good gaming computer thank you.
Hopefully I'll get some replys.
Talk later everyone!

I'd say for a pretty good gaming system it would cost around 1000$ for just the computer(no moniter,kb,mouse,speakers). You could probably go lower to like 800-900 and still run games well.

I was considering the same thing. I decided to build my own because it would be cheaper and I am pretty sure I can put it all together and get everything set-up. My build came to $790 total which includes shipping from newegg.

cooler master centurion 5 case
AMD 64 3200 athlon venice core
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 Nvidia nforce 4 MOBO
MSI radeon x1600pro (equivilant or better than 6600GT)
Aspire ATX 520W PSU
Patriot signature series 2x512Mb ram
WD Caviar SE SATA 150 HD
ASUS CD Burner
Mitsumi 3.5 floppy
Windows XP home

Should play any game out today. Most places I looked at to pick and build would have cost me a bunch more money for the same parts.

For just $70.00 more you can get a 6800GS it just didn't fit into my budget.

Ezekiel said:
I'd say for a pretty good gaming system it would cost around 1000$ for just the computer(no moniter,kb,mouse,speakers). You could probably go lower to like 800-900 and still run games well.

I don't need everything. just the computer. i was thinking around 700-750$ for a good gaming computer. Can anybody give me links to parts from www.cyberpowersystems.com

~thanx

That website doesn't appear to build computers unless I am missing something. All it's products seem to do with power supply management/protection. Where does it say they build computers?

"CyberPower produces the most affordable line of dependable, high quality uninterruptible power systems and offers the most feature-rich intelligent power protection units on the market today"

Is monarch better? I can really careless what i use i'll only use it if they build it for you. So can anybody pick me out parts from any places that build it for you?

Dude.. Don't get an old 3200, people spend all their money on stupid graphics cards, and neglect their processors!

All i want is for someone to help me pick parts. But accually give links to parts. Also only use sites where they build it for you. I'm not sure of any sites. It's just what i heard.

CASE : TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (BLACK COLOR)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLON64 3200+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN, USB2.0, &7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 80GB Hard Drive (SATA150 - Seagate 80GB 7200RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive)
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : COMBO DRIVE (16X DVD-ROM & 52x32x52 CD-RW) (BEIGE COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE

Total: $777

http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/system/cfga64pcie.asp?v=d
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom