need help w/purchasing high performance laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol...I just might.

I really wanted a laptop though so I'm not stuck behind a desk all day.

I'm so confused...I think I might just buy a dog...lol

RonJr said:

LOL!

Well, for the price of that laptop, you could built 2 Identical systems exactly like that laptop, one for work and one for home.

RonJr said:

Rofl, but be careful. I hear that if they malfunction and stop operating, you can't send them back to get another one for free. Unless you find another one roaming around that got lost in shipping...

Here is what you do. Build a desktop with uber specs and a good sturdy case, like a lian li. Buy a good 17 or 19 inch LCD. Take the LCD and attach it to your tower so that it can flip up like a laptop. Buy a massive battery and plug it in and your ready to go. ;)

NathanM said:
Rofl, but be careful. I hear that if they malfunction and stop operating, you can't send them back to get another one for free. Unless you find another one roaming around that got lost in shipping...

That sense of humor will be an excellent addition to this forum ;)

Alright, I'm looking at a desktop, tell me what you think.

-AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4200+ with HyperTransport and Dual Core Technology
-256MB PCI-Express x16 NVIDIA® GeForce™ 7800 GT
-1GB Ultra Low Latency DDR PC-3200 SDRAM at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
-160GB Serial ATA 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
-Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Motherboard
$2,006

I figured it would be easier to upgrade a desktop so only went with 1 gig of ram. It would cost $223 more dollars to make it 2 gigs.

RonJr, I could design a build exactly like that for you that would cost half as much.

Build the PC yourself, never buy Desktops from Alienware. Remember what I said about overpriced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom