AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I will have to look into it some more as I dont even know much of what do to except go into BIOS and change a few things, so if I got the 4800, what would be the max stable point I could OC it to?

You cant really be guaranteed a max Overclock, because every chip is a little bit different. If your going to be overclocking look into theAMD opteron 165 or 170. They are the same as the X2 series but overclock better.

Alright thanks, well nows I got the video card and processor outta the way, just gotta look for a above average mother board.

What about one that just good as it is and not for overclocking? As I said before, Im an overclocking noobie.

Great thanks for the link I will be sure to read over that and that board looks pretty well so I am probably going to go with that one. But what must be the same to replace the motherboard? I know the socket #s on the processor and Motherboard must match and thats about it. Can anyone please give me a layout on what needs to match up so this motherboard will work with my componets I already have. I asked a friend and he said something about the case footing, the hard disk drive connection, did he miss anything and can someone elaborate please, because Im not sure what that means.

Other then the cpu socket type make sure u get a pci express video card, an atx compatible case, ddr memory, and just get a sata hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom