Decided on Building My Own PC - Take a Look

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
Its perfect :) Sure you don't want a Sound Card? Its not really necessary, but nice to have.

I originally was going to get a Creative Sound Blaster Live! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102176

However, I decided against it as, from what I've heard, the sound difference isn't significant at all from onboard sound to justify spending an extra $40 for it. I listen to music and play games often, but would it really be worth it?

Ok, thanks. I am going to hesitate on a sound card for now, because I don't really want to spend anymore money atm, hehe. If I find myself wanting one in the future, I'll buy one.

Understandable. If you need any help in the actual building process, feel free to post here again.

Flanker said:
Understandable. If you need any help in the actual building process, feel free to post here again.

Since it's Monday, they'll process my order tomorrow, and it may not go out until Wednesday. And with 3-day shipping, it'll probably get here on Monday or Tuesday, since weekends don't count. I hope I don't have to ask for help when I'm building the computer, for obvious reasons, but if I do, you can bet this will be the first place I will come.

Flanker said:
Why? How is the RAM stopping them?

lol - Flanker... come on.

Sure, you could get some overclocks from value ram, but it's a total crap shoot. If you're looking to OC a Opteron 165 1.8Gz per/core and you're looking to crank it up to say 2.6Ghz per/core.... Regardless of opty's potential, are you going to relay on value timings, value voltages & Less quality chips? Roll the dice...

You know what, i'm not even going to finish explaining. It's pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom