HELP weird texture glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

woggie

Solid State Member
im getting very ugly texture glitches whan i play BF2 and even worse when i play HL2. i get like all kinds of weird lines and multi coulored walls and like on fences there is like textures for other walls and thihngs like this or on characters and on my guns there will be like holes in them what the **** is goiong on. im running a pentum 4 1.6, 768m of ram, evega 6600 gt (4x agp), msi sis 645 motherboard. someone said that this might be the timing of my ram. but how do i change that and what does that mean? im also using xtreme g 81.98 v2p driver

thats what someone else said but no i havent overclocked it the only thing different from factory defult is the driver i got. but would it really be an overheating issue for the weird textures? also i bought a 350w psu with the card cause they said it was a 350w minum but i opend up my comp and i think they may have given me a 330w PSU but im not entierly sure becuse im not sure what part i should look at. if it says max output 330w does that mean its a 330w PSU? (that would be my guess but im not sure)

Check the temps of the video card when you play those games. I kind of doubt its overheating maybe its driver issue, in which case I would probably reformat or try a driver cleaning program. Check temps first though, Im assuming you are not overclocking. If you are take off OCs and try the games.

how would i check the temps? also could you sujjest a driver cleaning program? and is the driver im useing not a good one and if not what driver should i use?

There might be some sort of temperature monitoring for your video card.
Right click desktop > properties > settings > advanced > browse around and see if you can see some sort of temperature monitoring

You can try using updated drivers from evga.com. All you have to do to uninstall drivers is use Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom