cpu not powerful enough, or?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pshiamtanis

Beta member
Hello

I don't know if i'm having a problem or if my computer just can't handle some computer games.
I can just about play CallOfDuty with the highest settings on, but then again my fps stays very low.
Could you please tell me if my cpu is just not powerful enough or am I experiencing some technical malfunctions?, I know my graphics card is a good one,(or atleast i hope it is). The only hardware I have added to my computer is a Gforce 6600GT 128mb and 256mb of ram.

my processor is:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60Ghz 2.62GHz, 512 MB of RAM

is there anything else you need to know?

Thanks,

Peter

First off, the game you are trying to play, is it Call of Duty on high settings?, Second is your graphics card ram 128mb or 256mb and third is your system ram 256mb or 512mb? In your post you have put Geforce 6600GT 128mb AND 256mb of ram, then in your system specs you have listed your ram as 512mb. Your graphics card is a good one wether it is 128mb or 256mb. If your system ram is only 256mb I would suggest upgrading this to atleast 1gb if you want to play games on high settings. Regarding your processor, it's not the best in the world but should be able to handle Call of Duty on 1024x768 on medium settings with a reasonable frame rate. Could you list your system specs again like this please, then I have a clearer understanding of your system, thanks.
Processor
Ram
Graphic card(which will be either 128mb or 256mb, not both unless you have a SLI system)

ok, thanks for your help, yes i am trying to play callofduty on high settings, multiplayer is not too bad, but singleplayer is terrible - very low fps even with the lowest settings single player is really bad.

here is the info more clearer:

Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60Ghz 2.62GHz,
512 MB of RAM
NVIDIA Geforce 6600GT 128mb

I would suggest upgrading your ram to 1 gig. although celeron processors aren't designed for games, like metro said it should be able to handle call of duty. just dont try anything like battlefield 2 with it.

I agree.

Celerons arent meant for gaming. Your CPU is probably having a seizure trying to help the video card and at the same time run the game.

Your system slightly above the average PC where most of your components are concerned but your PSU is easily the anchor, 6600gt is a capable card and 512mb should be enough to run call of duty smoothly.

so if i do buy an extra 1GB of RAM so my total RAM will be 1.5GB RAM will there be a BIG difference or just a little increase in FPS?
because RAM costs alot don't it?

--- ---

i have used this program called CPUFSB to overclock my CPU, i got it to 3.0GHz from 2.62GHz and it was running stable but then i found out that it disables my onboard sound. is there anyway around this apart from buying a seperate sound card?
and by doing this will it improve my gaming performance?

sorry for so many questions.

Peter

when you start the computer up, it should say something like "press del to enter setup"
or it could also be F1
press that.

try and find something about onboard peripherals. your sound card has gotta be in there somewhere if it is onboard.
if/when you find it, enable it if you can.

well i changed my cpu using cpufsb to 3.0ghz again then i restarted the computer, pressed del, and got into the bios, i found something that had AC97. but it was on AUTO and could only be changed to DISABLE. am i looking at the right thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom