Lost Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

ere_in_cornwall

In Runtime
Hi im a digital photographer, ive managed to loose some photos and files, is their anyway to search the hard disk throughly to find them? ive looked in the normal places but no luck. Thanks

FUJITSU SIEMENS - SCALEO P
DVD RW
MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2
LED LIGHTS
1GB RAM
260GB HARD DISK
MEDIA CARD READER/WRITER
AGFA SNAPSCAN
FUJI S5500/A607
NEED I GO ON????

I would run a search on all your local drives with a *.ext of the format you wish to look for..Meaning if they were .jpg then run a search for *.jpg. This will turn up many results, but if you sort by name once the search completes you may find what you need. Also be sure to search hidden files and folders just to be sure you scan everything...

wait you mean lost as in misplaced somewhere on the computer right? or lost as in you deleted them and wish to recover?

if you deleted them, they should be in the recycle bin.

if you emptied the recycle bin, than they are supposed to be permanentely off your PC, but i guess software can fix that??

aghh yess...ERD would be good for that, but as mentioned not free. I am not sure how much it costs, but it usually comes down to how much did that data mean to you?

I personally use a recovery program called File Scavenger which has been able to recover data of a hard drive that had been formated several times. Its from a company called Que Tek..you can download the demo and run a free scan to see if it will detect the items you want to recover..then of course if you wish to recover you pay the $$ for the license. I think I am attached to it because it was only $50..best $50 I ever spent as I have used it countless times to recover data for people..I already easily made the $50 back from recovering data for people..and a hella lot more..

Actually it may not have been the best $50 ever spent..we went to tiajuana one time and had lots of beer and saw something called a donkey show..it was very disturbing...but $50 got us a full packed night in TJ.

talldude123 said:
if you deleted them, they should be in the recycle bin.

if you emptied the recycle bin, than they are supposed to be permanentely off your PC, but i guess software can fix that??

Ohh yea..there is many softwares that specialize in just that. If all that was done is empty the recycle bin it will be VERY easy to recover. You can recover data that has been removed from the recycle bin..then reformatted..then had another OS loaded on it..then format again then formated once more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom