XPS 600 Renegade: Comments, anyone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan

Daemon Poster
So...just noticed this today. I searched on the forums, but no one has brought it up. Dell apparently is planning to make another line of the XPS, the XPS 600 Renegade.

Here's the Article: http://www.gadgetreview.com/2006/01/dell-xps-600-renegade-pc.html

Basic jist of it is that it has FOUR 512mb 7800s, a OCed Intel 4.26 Ghz processor, two 150gb 10k drives, and cosair ram, not to mention a truly sick paint job.

Oh yeah, its gonna cost 8000 to 10000...better save up, lol.

Dell says it will be #70 on the fastest supercomputer list in the world. So...wut are your thoughts??

Wow, that's kinda shocking. I figured it would have been all over the forums. Maybe you didn't search long enough? Oh well.

That system is gonna be pretty sick.

specs_2.jpg

Like all Dell products, and even like their XPS "gaming series", it's going to be cheap. Not intrested. Is there even a single game that cripples a single 7800GTX 512? By the time they find software that can challenge the four 7800GTX 512's, there will be a 9800GTX 1024 that can be SLI'd and wreck the quad combo apart :)

Brtnboarder495 said:
Like all Dell products, and even like their XPS "gaming series", it's going to be cheap. Not intrested. Is there even a single game that cripples a single 7800GTX 512? By the time they find software that can challenge the four 7800GTX 512's, there will be a 9800GTX 1024 that can be SLI'd and wreck the quad combo apart :)

my thoughts exactly, really pointless on Dell and STUPID on anyelse's part who buys it. dell expects to sell between 50-100 renegades

Actually, there are several threads regarding the renegade.

While the machine looks awesome on paper, probably two sli'd 8 series Nvidia cards, or whatever ATI puts out after the x1900 will kill that. It costs way to much for anyone who has any sense of anything to buy. It will probably come with a bunch of preinstalled Dell sh*t on it that will make it unuseable. ;)

yeah, there's been 2 or 3 threads that I've personally already seen on this topic. Beating it like a dead horse.

Ryan

Kitire said:
... The 7900GTX is looking to be better than the x1900xt....
Would you like to post your source on that? because last I checked, the top end G71 had 32 pipes and the R580 had 48. AFAIK, that hasn't changed.

This topic has been posted over 3 times and I would just like to say that I won't buy it! It could run a PS2 emulater though on MAX settings with full framerates.

Im with 003 here I wanna see where it says the 7900 specs, so far the x1900xt looks like it will wreak havok on nvidia, just like the 9800 series in its time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom