NTLDR error after connecting IDE HD to a computer running a RAID 1 what could be the

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluelude1

Beta member
I have a computer running a SATA RAID 1 configuration that I connected a IDE HD to that does have Xp loaded on it in an attempt to transfer some files from the IDE HD to the Raid drives. Upon connecting the IDE and booting up, the computer no longer runs the sata drives in an RAID now they are separate drives. So i unplugged the IDE drive and booted again and the raid drives still aren't mirrored but windows loads. If i go into BIOS and enable nviada raid the mirror configuration shows up but then i receive a NTLDR error message. Any ideas as to what this is all from and how to fix it? And any suggestions on how to transfer 100gb of files from one comp to the next for future reference?

BTW- I am running the following

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
2x- WD SE16 Caviar 400gb Sata HDs
AMD 3800+ X2

Thanks in advance

Have you made sure that your bios boot order is set for the RAID array first? Sounds like it might be trying to boot to the IDE first.

I find an external usb drive adapter useful for transferring data between systems. Of course if both systems have network adapters then I use shares.

My boot device priority is Removable,Hard Disk,CDROM . If I enable the onboard NVIDIA Raid and enable the Sata1 and Sata 2 my comp shows a raid array on boot but then gives that error and when i go back into BIOS after doing this it doesnt show any HDs for the 1st Sata Master or the 2ns Sata master like it did before enabling the nvidia raid.

might require a reload/repair of windows? Sorry but thats all i got for you ATM... Time to quit for the day. Best of luck mang!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom