The absolute cheapest build for BF2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
I can't believe this thread is still alive. Ok, I'll try to build something;

This is NOT going to be MicroATX. mATX it too much of a pain in the ***. But I've gotten a cheap, small case (don't worry, its good) that I think you'll like.
great! thx for the help flanker. that looks very much like what it needs to be.
ya micro atx isnt the way to go. ? but wait do i need to install HD driver from floppy disk?
its not raid or anything and its just a s-ata drive right? i didn even do anything w my HD and its good and workin for me. is it because of tis mobo??

Stop reccomending the use of any 6100+410 chipset series board. the 6150+430 is MUCH better for the same price. Azalia audio, HD out, and more.

You might want to throw in a 3rd party heatsink so that you can OC the cpu good and high so that you have the $125 processor running at speeds of a $500 one. Nice list Flanker

boomstick666 said:
Do i need to install HD driver from floppy disk?
its not raid or anything and its just a s-ata drive right? i didn even do anything w my HD and its good and workin for me. is it because of tis mobo??

If you have an Abit motherboard, or I think something with a VIA chipset (both of which are in my mobo), then the SATA controller is already installed and you don't need to do anything.

But for most motherboards, before installing a SATA HDD you have to install the drivers for it. Those drivers are either on a floppy with your motherboard, or a floppy with your Hard Drive.

Flanker said:
If you have an Abit motherboard, or I think something with a VIA chipset (both of which are in my mobo), then the SATA controller is already installed and you don't need to do anything.

But for most motherboards, before installing a SATA HDD you have to install the drivers for it. Those drivers are either on a floppy with your motherboard, or a floppy with your Hard Drive.
okie, i didn know that. but i have dfi lan party nf4-SLIDR it didnt come w driver. only raid driver came w it. and i just put HD in and worked fine...i guess it already had the controller driver.
but that sucks i have to put floppy disk drive just to install HD drivers..well it must be useful when if he has to flash BIOS and stuff..but not really needed for this machine i hope..

Flying-Squirrel said:
You might want to throw in a 3rd party heatsink so that you can OC the cpu good and high so that you have the $125 processor running at speeds of a $500 one. Nice list Flanker

It has 512 cache, and it isn't dual core.... Some people cease to amaze me.

PC = Mac
Mac = Pc
PC + Mac = Mac + PC

They are both equal for what the Mac lacks the PC lacks in something else. they may be rivals but neather are perfect now all lets just keep our coments to ourselfs and help the poor man that needs help.

...To Each His Own.

So, he wants to play BF2. However, his Mac can't play BF2. So you want to get him a PC that can? And he still hates PCs? I smell idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom