Help With what I think is Graphics Card, (Acer Travelmate 3200)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Help With what I think is Graphics Card, Pics Added!

Hi Guys,

recently, was using my laptop, and it started getting very hot, and then suddenly crazy things started going on, I mean, like green boxes all over the place and when I went onto a game, (San Andreas), although running smoothly, the people looked like trees. I'll try and take a screenshot when it next goes mad.

I don't know if that's descriptive enough, but I'm sure a screenshot will be.

I'll try and update this with a screenshot later on.

Thanks for any first replies, although I probably haven't explained enough at all..... (?)

Thanks in advance,

Charlie -

Ok, here are the pics, let me know what you think.

I use speedfan, and after a brief gaming sesh of say, 10 mins, it would be reading 90 degrees C....?! although, idling it runs at about 60 degrees C.... here are the pics of san andreas. Need for Speed most wanted also goes spacco, although I don't have pics right now....

87389012_48cdb1ea0c_o.jpg

87388884_b65549c93c_o.jpg

There is also a kind of aftermath effect, and even just the windows gui is fairly dodgy...

Thanks in advance for advice guys!

The temperatures are outragous, just playing NFS MW now for nearly an hour, and I got it above boiling point! 102 degrees C, does anyone have any advice, or know for sure that this problem isn't permanent, and just above certain heats? (because just now it didn't go mad), also does anyone have any links to any good laptop coolers?

Thanks,

Charlie -

laptops usually aren't the best houses for cooling. no room for thermal conduction. If you are running on your lap make sure all the room is for breathing. also try underclocking your agp card.

Sorry, but I don't know the first thing about modifying clock speed changing, I mean, I'll try if you point me in the right direction, but I've never done it before...! Anyway, thanks for the comment!

I ain't very sure how to myself, I just know that it helps. ask someone else. boiling point? you better be careful, or you could melt your card. currently I am backing up my hdd (the important parts)...I think my cheap computer is dying. I don't have the money to build up a good pc.:confused:

also go to "run" in the start menu and type dxdiag. do the direct3d tests under video

I tested it, it works fine, I think when it just gets overly hot it starts going a bit off. I'll just try and keep it cooler from now on!

Thanks for the advice guys! Friendly forum here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom