It's Here!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
YAY! all my stuff came FEDex today! I got my Opty 165 processor, and I think that I have one of the best stepping ones. Here's what it says:

AMD Opteron
OSA165DAA6CD
CCBWE 0550PMW
138743AL50216

So does that CCBWE mean that i have one of the best steppings available?! Thanks guys,

0550PMW -----> this is what you want to look at, this tells you the batch run/ production week of your processor. i havent done the necesssary research, but look around to see how close this stepping is to others that have the processor.

Originally posted by gaara

Opteron Stepping Numbers
Single Core Stepping
It must be noted that the chances of getting any of the listed stepping numbers below are now slim to none, however you can probably find them listed on ebay or for sale on enthusiast sites. The following are listed from what would be considered to best to the worst

1. CABNE 05xx (excluding 0540)
2. CABYE 0540
3, CABNE 0540 / CABYE 05xx (excluding 0540)
4. CAB2E 05xx
5. CABGE 05xx

Note: It should be noted that the CAB2E stepping cores are known as to be either hit or miss, some are yielding overall good overclocks while others struggle beyond 2.75GHz

Dual Core Stepping Numbers:

There is little to no information availible on multicore stepping and specific results pertaining to specific stepping numbers at this point and time, there simply aren't enough Denmark Opterons floating around yet. The only known stepping as of yet is the CCBWE, most of which are week 30s, which appear to overclock better than comparative Athlon X2 processors. However, there have been some week 34s which have rather poor overclocking results when compared to the earlier 30s.

o0o0o

a week 50, go check out xtreme systems, and see what kind of OC they are getting :)

CCBWE is like the only stepping for dual core :p so its the best lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom