Help me decide on graphics card for my celeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasd

Baseband Member
Hey guys I really find these forums really helpful and i've learned a lot just reading posts here, but now i have a decision to make, right now i have a crappy system:
Celeron 2.8GHZ
512 ram
250 watt psu
crappy mobo with only pci

i need help picking a graphics card for this sysytem i know lots about current cards but i dont know that much about older pci models so can any one help me? oh by the way are these any good or could i get anything better for about $70-$120 canadian?
evga fx 5500
poercolor radeaon 9250 128mB
powercolor radeon 9250 256 MB
bfg FX 5500

any help is appreciated thanks

lol i know i'm not trying to run FEAR or anything just genreal stuff like UT2004, or civ4 i'm just trying to make things smoother and more playable thats all. this is just temporary untill i build my new computer but that won't be untill at least september.

FX 5500 hands down. eVGA is THE brand as far as I'm concerned. I've not encountered a glitchy/broken one yet. And the FX 5500 is one of the best performing cards you'll find for PCI.

Ryan

thanks for the help guys so now i've got it down to either the bfg or evga 5500 do you guys think that 256 MB of memory will really help?

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
video memory? No. System memory, yes. I'm just not really sure which one you're asking.

Ryan

I was wondering about video memory, I sort of figured out that the 256 MB wouldnt help much but the BFG has 256 bit memory and the eVga has only 64 bit memory would that help at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom