Two ATI Radeon X1800 512

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thats kinda waste of money when you can get2 EVGA 7800GTXs in SLI for a cheaper price and better performance but its up to you if you like ATI then you need to buy 2 crossfire editions if you want to put them in crossfire but im not good with ATI stff

doesnt the X1800XT beat the 7800GTX 256 so if you "double the power" of each card the X1800XT's should beat the GTX's

You do not need two crossfire edition cards. You only need one. But now is a bad time to drop this much money on video cards; the X1900 and 7900 are just around the corner.

So you think just get one video card for now, for 1-2 year. and later plan to get new one?

Be patient and wait a month or two. The X1900 is coming out if you want an ATI card. It'll be a lot of cash, but I think it's going to be a hos. Maybe that's something you'd want.

Ryan

Nope, go for a single 7900GTX, got like a 13,000 alone in a benchmark, dual core 2.8GHz, and crossfire x1800's only got 13,500.

OK.
So in general, when geting one of those mobos that supor two card. Do I need to have two at once? or I can get one now and maybe other later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom