$1250 Make

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 has gotten some good results OCing to 2.9-3ghz with two of the same kind of single core opterons. I would say go dual core to be future proof or go single core with a good OCable opteron or 3700+ San Diego if you have less cash available but still want a good sytem that plays games well.

Aight well if I get the 3700+ I will have $90 to get a sound card. Not knowing how good the onboard one is anyone got feedback or some good soundcards options

For gaming I actually use the 3700+ onboard soundcard which isn't too bad. I combined that with a nice gaming headset and I am fairly happy. If you already have good speakers then you could get a decent soundcard to take advantage of but I am too poor to get a good soundcard and speakers that would actually make a real difference.

I would suggest getting a 3rd party heatsink/fan so that you have the option of OCing without worrying about getting too hot. I personally am favoring the Thermaltake Big Typhoon due to its extreme quiet as well as great cooling and low price.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106061
Also get some Arctic Silver 5
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835100007

Another option is the Zalman CNPS9500 which is also a great heatsink/fan but is a little more costly.

Other than that looks pretty good to me. I don't know a whole lot about that MOBO, have to get someone else's input on that. One question would be what Power Supply will u have? I believe if you get the Antec Case like the one I got that is in my sig a good 500w Power Supply comes with it.

Edit: I forgot do you have a decent monitor to show off this other nice hardware you are getting? My monitor was one of the most pricey things on my list of hardware when I built this comp :mad:
But now that I have it I stroke it and love it every night.

Oh ya and if you are ethically challenged like me you might skip the operating system :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom