help with video temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggjoee5790

In Runtime
while playing halflife2, my evga 7800gt reached 55c. is that normal? i didnt notice any slow downs but i thought that was kinda hot. also while playing that game my cpu reached 50c (athlon 64 3700) is that normal? the cpu is 35c at idle

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
you're in safe zones. Sounds like your computer may be in a slightly warm room.

Ryan

yea you would think im in a warm room but its actually the opposite. im in my basement.. and its like 30 outside right now lol. its actually pretty cold in my basement. when i put my hand on the case fans, there is warm air coming out. maybe my fans are to weak and are pushing the warm air out? do you think its ok to be at those temps or will it eventually get damaged. when the weather gets warmer it gets exremely hot in my basement so i dont know what im gonna do then. if the pcs getting hot now, when the summer comes its gonna get alotttttt hotter

CPU is slighlty warmer than many people like, but it is on stock cooling, so will never be great. The GPU is fine, all cards are designed to run hot. I was amazed when I first say the threshold in the 100's.

Trifid said:
CPU is slighlty warmer than many people like, but it is on stock cooling, so will never be great. The GPU is fine, all cards are designed to run hot. I was amazed when I first say the threshold in the 100's.

WOW 100's... thats hot...... well at which temp for both my cpu and video card should i worry?

For me I don't like it when CPU in in high 50's (no problems with that for me anymore) and GPU in 80's

wow 80c for my video card?? ok well then i shouldnt be worried about 50 then. i just think i might get a new heatsink for my cpu and also add some arctic silver

ok thanks ill check that out.. so just to make sure i understand.. my 7800gt will be ok up to the 80's celcius and my cpu shouldnt go higher than 50 right?

My 7800gt idles at 40, but I have very good case cooling, and its threshold is at 115*C.

Sorry, I should of gave you a choice of good heatsinks, and went for the one I would go for. The Zalman CNPS7700-CU is also good, but you will have to check compatibility with your mobo. The Thermaltake big typhoon goes up quite high, so i think it fits nearly all motherboards. The ThermalRight XP-90C will be playing it safe, but you will need to add a 92mm fan onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom