$1250 Make

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm not what I'm looking for wanna consume almost all my budget so I can play all the new games coming out in the next year or so then upgrade gradually.

Anyother ideas besides the first one?

yeh drop the lightscribe. you could find some really cheap hd somewhere, mine was 50 bucks. if u look for good deals, you can build it hecka cheap. my rig was around 600 bucks including free os and old ram

I got one word for yah TigerDirect. I just built my PC there, I built it myself but you can pick out all the components and have them build it for you for a lil bit extra.

Don't listen to what everyone says and never even look at tigerdirect. Tigerdirect does a lot of rebates and sometimes you might find the part you want with like a $100 rebate.

yeah just stick with newegg. i'd drop the lightscribe too, i just got it because i'm gonna get more ram later prolly.

One thing to keep in mind, some mobo's don't like 4 sticks of dual channel ram. I didn't know that when I tried to get 4 sticks of Corsair Value Select ram to put in my DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra-D MOBO and it told me to go to hel. It required the ram to be downclocked or be run in 2T mode which is also a performance drop. If you ever plan on upgrading your ram I would say you are much better off to pay the extra now to get 2x1gb of some decent stuff like G.Skills or OCZ. Stay away from ValueSelect if you ever plan on OCing (which you should because you get MUCH more out of your system with very little effor and much less cost)

Also I am a fan of NewEgg. That was just my 2 cents, I think you got a good idea of parts from the other people, however I would recommend looking into an Opteron for Overclockability. My 3700+ San Sandiego is also nice for a lower cost CPU. I am going to try to hit 3ghz with it when my new ram and cooling arrive this week. More likely will get around 2.8 or 2.9 though :(

Edit: I recommend:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231032

PZERO has the same stuff and has gotten a good OC from it, mine should arrive tomorrow or the next day then I will see how high an OC I can get. :D

Edit2: Your 2 linked rams seem fine, I prefer 2 gigs if possible simply because games like BF2 and FEAR eat it up like candy. I had originally ordered some OCZ Platinum ram but it came DOA and I also found out that it didn't OC that well so I RMAed it and got the G.SKILLS instead.

Do you want to do mainly gaming or do you want it for mostly multi-tasking? 3700+ San Diego OCs well if you don't need dual core. If I were you I would also look into the Opterons like the 165 if you want dual core for multi-tasking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom