Geforce FX5700LE D256M... messing with OS/monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panGah

Beta member
I have an ASUS ATK0110 Motherboard (ACPI)with 3ghz pentium 4 processor, and 512mb of ram. I am running an Asus Radeon 9550 128mb... it runs fien on 85hz refresh rate.

I recently salvaged a geforce FX5700LE D256M from a friend's computer... it is relatively new and works well. I installed the latest NVIDIA drivers, and it seemed to work fine.

My monitor started to blink and then just turn itself off for a second-- coming back with parts of the XP SP2's interface missing... like buttons from the quickstart bar missing, icons missing in the toolbar to the left... parts of webpages blacked out... I rebooted and tried older NVIDIA drivers, tried turning down the refresh rate from 85hz to 60hz (still kept doing it)... eventually it would just turn off the monitor and leave it off until I rebooted. These problems kept happening more and more frequently until they were happening right after a fresh reboot. I switched back to my old video card.

Any idea what's going wrong? It's a dell 19 inch monitor from quite a few years ago... but it works fine with the Asus video card.

I want to play GTA with good graphics :)

I'm relatively stupid with hardware... can someone please advise me?

BTW: The video card was purchased in Vancouver... so 110 volt electricity scheme... my comp runs on 220 volts here in france and was purchased here...

Could well be be the voltage. I live in the UK and I can't use hardware etc from the US because of the different voltage. Is the Asus card a european one? If so I reckon it's the voltage.

Does it make sense that it would be working at all? Does anyone have any further knowledge about voltages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom