Sempron 64??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a 3000+ Barton be enough to hold me off and make these games go faster or should I just scrap my setup and get a new case (not another shuttle, something big with room for a real VGA cooler) and a new 64-bit processor?

The upgrade to the 3000+ wouldn't be much of an upgrade.

I say you should save up a little bit more. Get a new mobo, a higher Sempron 64 or a lower Athlon 64. Then get another 512mb of RAM.

I wouldn't spend the money on a new cpu yet, upgrade the ram and save your money for a new mobo/cpu set.

Oh, what you might wanna do that I didn't think about. If you're willing to wait a little bit. When the socket AM2 comes out, there will be a socket 939 Sempron 64 coming out. That would be worth it. Also, you could get an Athlon 64 for cheap then too. Either or.

I think I'm definitely going to have to throw another 512 ram in my current box though.
Think that would help load times and cut down on the lag when in heavily populated areas of WoW?

(I ask cuz when the game slows and it lags in those heavily populated areas the hard disk activity light goes crazy for at least 10-15 seconds until the computer catches up)

Yeah.... that means its your computer is using the virtual memory on the hard drive. Not good for games. Definitly get an extra 512mb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom