Activation Help *URGENT*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilsChild

In Runtime
My computer came up with a activation alert a few days ago saying my hardware has changed and i need to activate again. Well i totally forgot about it, and when i went to go on my computer this morning it wont let me log in unless i activate, and well im on adsl, which needs to load windows to be connected, which means i cant activate over the internet, and when i click activate by phone it logs me out then back in and comes up with initial message. Can someone please help!

My version of Windows Xp Home was purchased and is not a copy, and i have the Key waiting to activate over the net.

Please Help Asap!!!

Call the computer manufacture (if not home built) and they will be able to give you Microsoft's number to call. Had the same problem.

tried this, when booting in safe mode with networking, comes up with an error saying something like:

"Since windows needs to be activated and this cannot be done in safe mode please reboot in normal mode"

any other ideas?

hit f8 after you turn on comp. pick the 'boot into safe mode with networking" so you will have internet. sign in. activate windows

you should be able to log into safe mode as adminstrator. do you use admin or your name?

I'm pretty sure you are only able to enter Safe Mode once while Windows is needing activation.

Since it is asking for activation, you haven't had Windows installed for too long. It's probably easist to just reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom