Difference between sempron64 and sokcet A sempron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGyLiLuPdAmIdL

Vinsanity
I was wondering about my computer. I have a sempron 2800 socket A and i was looking to upgrade my motherboard to a better socket A mobo because my mobo now really sux. Lookign at the prices they are kind of expensive for just a sokcet A motherboard. Is it worth it just to get a s754 sempron 64 and buy a s754 mobo? Or is the sA and s754 sempron not really that big? Can someone suggest me something i am in a little bit of a pickle.:confused:

Well, a socket 754 will outperform a socket a with a similar number. It has 64 bit processing, and works differently. It's like an Athlon XP 2800, or an Athlon 64 2800. The Athlon 64 is going to win.

Ryan

well, I'm not sure exactly why your current motherboard 'sucks.' If I were you, I'd sit on the cash and save up for a new build. No use upgrading it. It's kinda getting to that age where upgrading isn't really helping a lot, but it's costing you a little more than you wish it would.

Ryan

well the main reason is my sempron is socket A so it is at 333mhz fsb. Aslo my mobo "sucks" beause it only has agp 4x and my 6600 is agp 8x also it only has pc2700 and it doesn't support dual channel memory.
Last it is weak at overclokcing i can barely get 200mhz. Now what do you guys think? What should i buy?
:confused:

one other thing. I have a micro ATX case so if i buy a motherboard it has to be mATX, but all the good mobo's are ATX. This is the only s939 mATX mobo with agp 8x.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131558

do you think i would be good with this board or do you suggest u buy an ATX case that way i can get good ATX mobo's?

on my first build I messed up and i didnt buy future proof parts so now i wanna do ith the right way i dont just want to buy it now and then have to spend money later. I already made that mistake once that's h=why i am asking for all this help. sorry for being kind of nooby.:rolleyes:

You should be looking at S754 boards not S939 if your going for a Sempron 64. I would wait to upgrade though.

nitestick said:
save your cash for the moment until you can afford s939 and a nice cpu unless your current pc is that painful.
yes, because upgrading to a Sempron 64 will not give you much of an advantage over your current Sempron 2800+ so it's not worth the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom