Extremely slow OS loading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold123

Baseband Member
When booting up my computer, it takes a severely long time to go from the windows login screen where i type in my username password, to my desktop. It takes a good 3-4 minutes for my taskbar to appear, all i see is my desktop with no icons etc. Any ideas what is wrong? ive ran spybot, ad-aware, registry mechanic, and im trying to get norton going but i need a product key :((if anyone has a crack that would be nice :)) but i cant seem to find the solution. Thank you in advance for replies.

when that happens, i would try going to start -> control panel -> users -> and switch it so it doesnt use the welcome screen. The welcome screen is a nightmare for me

i disabled the login screen, doesnt change anything. Any more ideas from anyone?

First of all, You can't ask for cracked key codes on this site.

How many running processes do you have?

How many entries in Msconfig under Startup?

List Your Anti Virus and Anti Spyware Programs.

How much RAM do you have?

Whens the last time you defragmented your harddrive?

Around 30 running processes, around 4 entries in Msconfig, kaspersky for virus, ad-aware, and spybot for spyware. 768 mb of ram, i reformatted my computer about 4 days ago, but i am defragmenting right now.

Cold123 said:
Around 30 running processes, around 4 entries in Msconfig, kaspersky for virus, ad-aware, and spybot for spyware. 768 mb of ram, i reformatted my computer about 4 days ago, but i am defragmenting right now.

you don't need to, if you formatted 4 days ago

Clear your msconfig start menu leaving only antivirus or firewall checked

You need more spyware removal programs than that. Adware and Spybot doesn't do a good enough to remove everything. Combine it with Spyware Dr. and Spysweeper this should wipe out all of the spyware on your PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom