Update on birthday build for awesome son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trotter said:
I still want you to adopt me.

I'll even call you "Mom".

+1 to that.

Dont' wait for the 512MB version to get back in stock, I doubt it ever will. Just get a 256mb GTX, its still good for the next 4-5 years.

The only thing I can say is as to the video card, Id go for a at 1800xt 512 mb. They cost less and I think they outperform the 7800gtx 512, not completely sure there though. For 200 bucks less though it's a better buy.

Looks great. What a great birthday present! Wow, my mother needs written out instructions to rip a CD. How old is your son?

Trotter said:
I still want you to adopt me.

I'll even call you "Mom".
I'll third (or is it fourth?) that.

I have a simple solution to everyone's problem; buy the parts, get your parents to put them together, and when they screw it all up and the parts go up in flames, FORCE them to buy you better parts.

Worked wonders for me (even though that wasn't the intent...).

I got lost there for a second, I almost figured it was your birthday :p. If you havent already you might wana try Tiger for some of the components. Lota times will ship sooner and cheaper. Up to you though. Wish you luck in your new build!

laurieny said:
Trotter : LOL Okay, if I decide to adopt you are first in line!

He's 30-something :p

septoid2 said:
ust get a 256mb GTX, its still good for the next 4-5 years.

More like the next 2 years...

Mr_Threepwood said:
The only thing I can say is as to the video card, Id go for a at 1800xt 512 mb. They cost less and I think they outperform the 7800gtx 512, not completely sure there though. For 200 bucks less though it's a better buy.

The X1800XT-512MB is no match for the 7800GTX-512MB.

PS: TigerDirect sucks.

You can probably get a X1900 by the time the 7800GTX 512 gets back in stock in newegg. Probablly even a 7900 lol.

i like my parents the way they are, except i'm 15 and both my parents cant build a computer. My dad has a windows ME....(128 RAM, 1.0 ghz proc....yeah, he got it a month ago) and my mom just buys it made.

So now i'm building a computer with my b-day money. went over and now have to use a 'laon' form my parents. It would be nice if we all just sat around the parts and built it together.

PS: if anyone is interested i have an old intel mobo (pen. 1 socket) with wires and power supply that i have laying around. It deosnt work anymore but what should i do with it? (i have the stick of RAM still, its 32mb)
(sorry if thats off topic, i got in the mood to ask)

savagenator, how did your dad even find a PC with Windows ME on it for sale a month ago? *shudders*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom