Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

polaris500ho4x4

Solid State Member
ok i have an older computer and it freezes on me whenever i play a game of any type. it will freeze up so the only thing you can do it restart it. when i turn on the computer it will make a grinding type of noise for 10 to 15 seconds then stop and usually doesnt do it again. can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer.

thanks for all your time and effort.

its like a churning noise like 2 spinning pieces of plastic grinding together, its on and off every few seconds

does that have anything to do with it freezing when playing a game, it will do everything else fine like play music and run preveiously installed programs.

hmmm.... that just means that your computer is thinking. no joke.... that sound means that your hard drive is searching and thinking. well how much memory do you have. that could be it.

i know what it sounds like when its thinking but its way way louder then that and its not constant like when your hard disk gets scaned its like on and off and loud too. 128 mb ram in it, its a 99 thats y i decided to get this computer 2 gigs of ram :).

well if its a 128 mb memory then thats probably what it is. what game is it? and how much memory does it take?

well to say this im almost positive its not my memory because it wont lagg or slow down or anything it will be goin fine and will just freeze out of no where. dead freeze nothing works.

my lil bro can be playing oregon train and it will freeze. deer hunter freezes too and deltaforce games freeze like 20 minutes into the game

thanks alot for your help. hey i just thought of something, because of other programs working and some not it probablly isnt my hard drive but what would you think about my video card i never thought of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom