Radeon or geForce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
You know how you're supposed to stop overclocking when a card or processor gets too hot? Well, the X1800XT comes "too hot" at stock.
This is a false statement. You stop overclocking when you get to the highest speed without artifacts, and in the case of the X1800XT, it's pretty high. You don't even know the maximum safe temperature for the X1800XT. For my 7800GT, it's 115c. The 256mb 7800gtx and 512mb x1800xt are pretty much on par, except the X1800XT has a few features that the GTX dosn't, like you can use HDR with AA, it has AVIVO (video de-blocking), hardware h.264 decode, and it's 90nm. And as it was stated earlier, the X1800XT makes up for it's lack of pipelines in clock speeds, and it overclocks very well to boot.

Ok cool thks. But do I need to get two cards at ones or I can use one for now and add other one later?

003 said:
This is a false statement. You stop overclocking when you get to the highest speed without artifacts, and in the case of the X1800XT, it's pretty high. You don't even know the maximum safe temperature for the X1800XT. For my 7800GT, it's 115c.

There are three things that stop you from overclocking any further; Too hot, too much voltage, or at the limit. Whichever comes first. In the case of the X1800XT, the "too hot" always comes first. I don't know about you, but I don't want my videocard running 105°C...

Kdar said:
Ok cool thks. But do I need to get two cards at ones or I can use one for now and add other one later?

Yeah but I would recommend going the SLI track and take the GTX's.

Either way, you wont need two of either for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom