freeze during boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

raveamoeba

Baseband Member
I recently moved all my components to a microATx board, and when i boot it up, it gives me the processor info, then freezes there. If i let it stay for 20-30 seconds i can smell burning electronics, which i know is not a very good sign. I tested the ram and it works fine. Also all the fans work, and the computer will still turn on and get to the proc info after the "burning smell". I just have no idea what could be going on. Any suggestions would help a ton! if you need more info i will be happy to get it. thanks a ton!

i would stop using the board before you ruin your components. Could be a short ont the new board. You'll have to narrow down the component thats a problem. Easiest way to see if its the mother board is to try your components in your other board, if you havnt fried emm.

ouch! any reason why a motherboard would fry like that? I really hope nothing is damaged, ugh!

it may be happened after you installed all components in your new case and left something on inside the computer such as screw .....

im pretty sure all my components are fine, im just curious if there is a way to physically tell if the proc is fried?

turns out it was the proc :( badnews it was a 1.3 Duron, but i had a 800 Duron to switch out, but i wish i would have done it the other way.

Yes, you can physically tell if it is fried by cutting it in half and seeing if the layers are melted together. But, seeing as that would ruin the chip, I wouldn't suggest it.

The best way is to test each component seperately to determine the problem.

Won't usually fry the proc., just won't boot when powered on. At least, that's been my experience the one time I did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom