2GB = 384MB?! memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatide12

Beta member
hey all, i'm new to this forum and hope someone can help me out with my question.

i have a K7S41GX motherboard and the manual says it can handle up to 2GB of memory but when i just ran SiSoftware Sandra the mainboard information said that the max installable memory is only 384MB.

i have no idea what's up and wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to do. thanks!

talldude123 said:
push control alt delete, and check the performance tab to see all of your memory in kilobytes

no, he is talking about whats the max he CAN put in, not how much he already has.

SiSoftware Sandra especially in recent years has known to be fairly inaccurate. I wouldn't use that program as an end all solution to finding out computer specs.

If the manual says the board can handle 2gb, then it can.

CPU-Z doesn't offer the maximum memory I don't think... I'm pretty sure. I'm browsing through the program right now, and I'm not seeing it. I'd definately refer to the manual as the most accurate source. The only way the manual would be wrong is if there is something wrong with your motherboard.

Ryan

yea, sandra has told me mine can only support 2gig and manual says 3gig.

i go by what the manual says...considering it's coming straight from the manufacturer and not a 3rd party program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom