CPU is at <90% when idle

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinker

Baseband Member
I don't know what would be causing this. I did Ad aware, spybot, HJT, and AVG, and stinger. All were clean. Checked all my running processes and they were fine. Usually it is less than 10%. there is nothing big using it. right now it is at 100% while i am typing this. My CPU is an AMD 64 3000+. It just started doing this today. I did install a new HDD if that matters at all. I had to take it out though because it didn't work.

Yea i also had this happen to me after i installed a HD but my HD worked and after about a week the CPU was back to 8/10%.

I hope that is it. It is slowing my whole computer down. The internet is going at 56k or lower speeds and sometimes just freezes. This is very annoying.

I had the same problem before and i updated my vid card drivers and ithe problem was gone. if your vid cards driver is not installed at all....you better install it

my friend once had the sme problem after he had downloaded

some crack and according to him the problem resolved when he

formatted his hdd which i presume is not an option for you.....

so i think like shawn said you should open up task manager and

find whats pinning your pc down...

mech.hacker12

I have done all the anti spyware and HJT log and they were all clean. The only thing that is using the CPU is the system idle process.

I will defrag my HD over night and see if it is better in the morning.

if that was what you were looking at rather than total usage it is exactly as apokalipse said, you have been reading it wrong because system idle is the inverse of what is being used. so if it is at 90% the actual usage is 10%

edit: by the way (pickiness acknowledged) in the post title you used the "less than" operator instead of greater than and i almost didn't read it because <90% is not a bad thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom