Computer will not post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(

Nothing against you shawn . . . . . .

What does everyone else think? i'm just wondering.

I received a large number of warnings about ordering from newegg, i guess i should have listened.

Verify you have power to the Cpu...... check the manual (picture layout) where the +12V. connector goes into the mobo, It s/b a 4pin plug ( yellow/black wires).
If its not that ........ then I would remove all power and
"Reset the Cpu in the socket".......
* 3lights mean Cpu is detected, but you never get there, so that tells me your Cpu is never detected!!!!!!!

** that speaker switch sounds like trouble! Why do you need that?

keep the faith....... its only electronics.....

Well the only 4 pin connector that is comeing out of the PSU is already connected to the 20 pin ATX power cable thus makeing it a 24 pin power cable. There is a unmarked six pin that i know is not for PCIE i have no idea whats for.

(see pic above)

I tried takeing off the 4 pin thus makeing 1 4 pin and 1 20 pin. I put the 4 pin into the power connection just to the left of the ATX power connection. and put the 20 pin into the ATX. But then the mobo did not get any power at all.

Your manual doesn't show you how to connect the power connections to your board? My manual(MSI) shows all the connectors and the pin designations.
Is your ATX power connector 20 or 24 pins???
Does your power supply power connector have 20 or 24 pins?
Some new mobo have 24pin connectors as opposed to 20 pins. I have an Antec 350W. P/S and it has 20 pins.
I think you need a 'converter plug' so your 20pin input connector fits your 24pin mobo power connector.
That 4pin connector to the left of your main power connector may be the CPU connector. My Cpu connector is labeled JPW1, all these connectors s/b labeled so you connect them properly.
I think you need this adapter.... plus +12V.(4pin plug) to power -up you CPU. Check your manual again about these power connectors.
see link about connector.....
http://www.xpcgear.com/20to24pinatx.html
**** Just checked your Power supply....... it does have the 24pin main power connector........ OK.
But it also has the 4pin...... +12V.plug. I think you also need that connector Plugged-In. It should go in the connector to the left of the main connector........ its shown Not Connected in your pictures. >>>>>>Plug it IN<<<<<<<<<
I'm sure its for the Cpu.....

...... Plug it IN...........

llDarkmindll said:

Nothing against you shawn . . . . . .

What does everyone else think? i'm just wondering.

I received a large number of warnings about ordering from newegg, i guess i should have listened.

its not neweggs fault they dont make the parts they just ship them.

>>>>>>Plug it IN<<<<<<<<<

well I would but the only square 4 pin connector that comes out of the psu is bundled with the 20 pin connector and attached to it making it the 24 pin that you see connected.

Your manual doesn't show you how to connect the power connections to your board?

No it just points out what it is, not what its used for.

Well i already RMAed the board and I'm getting ready to send it back to newegg due to the fact that I'm not getting any beep codes.

I'll try a new board and if i run into the same problems I'll look into trying that 20 to 24 pin connector to free up that 4 pin and plug it into the connector next to the ATX power.

no that 4 pin conector is different dont plug it in for you cpu it cannot supply enough power i remember reading thid in my power supply manual
yours is an antec psu too read it it should say the same thing
also its a 24 pin mobo and a 24 pin connector leave it like tha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom