threemooses

In Runtime
my friend just got a xps and i have the computer as follows

athlon x2 3800

1 gig or corsiars ram

a nvidia 6600gt

80 gb hitachi 3/gb per seconded

and a asus a8e nforce 4

on a scale of one to twenty how much better or worse is that than the xps 400 one being like a big difference and twenty being a small difference

You can still OC your PC and upgrade stuff whenever you like, pretty much he would be stuck with what he has with the dell

Well, here's my theory without proper specs available:

People who go to Dell usually want to save cash. Especially if they're buying Dell's "gaming" series. So he probably bought the lower-end XPS. So, then I think, hmm... A dual core AMD with a 6600GT, or a low-end XPS. So, I'm inclined to lean towards the custom build. But really, you'd need the specs of the Dell.

Ryan

How much did he spend on that?

And yes, any pre-built PC is going to be less powerful than a custom built PC. When you build custom you get to choose the best deals and parts. Companies like Dell, HP, etc. are going to be more expensive, they are in it to make money, its their job.

my sager was about 3 grand.....desktop pentium 3.8(i know i like amd, but they didnt have it), geforce go 7800 gtx, 3gigs mem, sata raid 0, built in camera, tv tuner, 5 builtin speakers and mini subwhoofer, super high res 17 inch lcd...

From what iv read, dell laptops are crap for the price you pay. In my oppinion, no dell pc is wroth being called a gaming pc

i had a dell XPS b733 bought it 2000, it really was amazing for its time:D 731mhz p3, 128mb Rd-ram at 400mhz, hd at 7200rpm, Geforce 2 GTS 32mb ddr... just got rid of it a few weeks ago actually.. i can tell you tho that the dell cps series has some seriously good cooling tho:D
But i say Dell arent bad, its just a good system for a family who want a powerful computer and wont change anything inside. I like custom built pc's more since u can just choose all ur components... but Dell aint bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom