Windows Live Messenger Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
it was the beta. I install it and didn't think much about it until reading this post. I then opened it and it ask for an update in which I selected yes

good point Mak. I use MSN and Trillian together myself, I like msn to much to just use one but I dont care two have 3 more individual programs installed.

EricB said:
it was the beta. I install it and didn't think much about it until reading this post. I then opened it and it ask for an update in which I selected yes

OK, gotcha now...

Well Warez when i get some invites to the beta i will send one of to you so you can use WLM without having the other apps running. We only had 2 so far and i had those used up in a sec. The next batch you are 1 of them for sure.

Early this morning the Windows Live Messenger team sent out additional invites to all currently enrolled testers to allow them to invite friends and family into the Beta. Every tester was given an extra 2 invites to give out.

If you are enrolled in the beta and you would like to get your invites, simply go to ideas.live.com, sign in and go to the WLM messenger page. You should see a box that says "You have 2 Invites". It is not yet know if all testers where only issued only 2 bonus invites.

Well at this point i only had to invites. I have checked and only the 2 were available. I have already used those before i came here. But my next batch are for EricB and you Warez. Just give it a couple more days. ;)

How would you like it if the contacts you are talking to could hear the same music you are currently listening to? Well that’s what Leah from the Live Messenger development team wanted, so thanks to her idea, in an upcoming refresh build of Live Messenger we will have a new feature called “MUSIC MIX.”

It will allow both contacts who are messaging to listen to the same play list simultaneously. If you were to pause, skip, or change the track on the list the other contact will also receive the same change. Also for those of you still using MSN Messenger, this feature will be available soon.

Have you been getting a lot of invites for WLM recently? This is due to the fact that Microsoft has recently been updating their service system. They have been giving out a large amount of invites so they can test whether the new system can handle the 180 million+ users on MSN Messenger.

Microsoft recently hit their first target number, so they decided to give out more invites so they can hit their next target number. Giving out more invites makes sure that more people will join the beta, and will also help Microsoft test their servers for stability.

On that note, there are still many people who want to join the WLM Beta. Microsoft has opened up its WLM service to anyone who wants to join at the Windows Live Ideas Homepage. However, there is a catch. Once you sign up for the beta by scrolling down, and clicking "sign up", you won't be able to automatically be able to use WLM, but be on the list for an invite on Microsoft's next round of invites.

The exact date of the next release is still unknown, but Microsoft promises us to give out multiple releases this year.

According to the Live Messenger Blog, the Windows Live Messenger team would like to collect more information from users receiving the "80048883" error when they try and log in. If you are a user of either MSN Messenger 7.5 or Windows Live Messenger and get this error, the Live Messenger team would like to hear from you.

They will assist you with any log on problems, and by contacting them via email; it will help give them feedback so they can fix this issue and make messenger better.

Contact Team

reachmessengersupport@hotmail.com

The Sharing Assistant is a tool designed to assist Windows Live Messenger users with Sharing Folders, a tool designed to assist users perform basic diagnostics, package all necessary logs to report feedback, and clean up Sharing Folders related components if necessary.

Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom