Ati Radeon X1900 With Pics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care. $900 bucks? No thanks. THats like 1000 Canadian. I'm NEVER buying that card, I always aim for price:performance ratios, so far Nvidias leader in that category. Sure, ATi might make great video cards, but they often fail to recognize their target audience. The gamers who buy the cards, and majority of them are under 30, and don't have THAT Much cash to spend on 48 shader pipelines with 512mb of gddr3 memory. I'll just take my 6600GT (or 6800GS for this time) and just keep on gaming.

ATI has a bad reputation for their paperlaunches and them exaggerating the card. 11,600 in 3dmark05 is pretty impressive but it's got a nice FX-55 at 2.85GHz helping it out as well......of course we all know that the CPU doesn't play a huge roll in 3dmark05 particularly.

That'll be pretty cool if it actually winds up being as powerful as they are claiming but as usual I'll wait to see what happens.

Either way it's something I can't afford

PC gaming is getting more expensive each day...I'm hoping my 7800GT will hold me over till the G80. I personally would advise skipping this generation since the G80 will include DX10 support and will likely wipe the floor with this one. I haven't heard anything about what ATI has planned to compete with the G80.

I'm tellin ya, one of these dang days it's gonna look like you have two PC's but in reality the 2nd box will be purely for graphics. It's gonna wind up needing it's own power supply, be the size of a freakin motherboard, maybe swappable GPUs and memory and crap and cost $2000 easily and connect via a high speed port that has yet to be invented :p

When Nvidia have to go into roman numerals (after 9 series.) I would love to have Narnia graphics rendered in real time now though.

I didn't think it looked overly big, I would say about 1" bigger than my 7800gt.

So this is the 360's GPU but a bit faster and dedicated 512mb's of ram, yeah?

apokalipse said:
how long do yoy think it will be before graphics become indistinguishable from the real world?

Possibly two generations from now, look at the 360, it looks ALMOST real, next gen will look even more real, and at last, the next one WILL be real

Nubius said:
I'm tellin ya, one of these dang days it's gonna look like you have two PC's but in reality the 2nd box will be purely for graphics. It's gonna wind up needing it's own power supply, be the size of a freakin motherboard, maybe swappable GPUs and memory and crap and cost $2000 easily and connect via a high speed port that has yet to be invented :p

Actually one of the new things being invented is microtechnology, look at that iPOD video, they managed to fit 60 Gigs of hard drive space into a little hard drive. 60 Gigs is more memory than my old computer had, and a computer's hard drive that is 40 Gigs is about maybe 10x larger than the iPODS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom