About Sound Card & Graphic Card Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenor

In Runtime
Card drivers & fresh reinstallation of OS

Hi everyone,
I'm reformatting the HDD and reinstalling the OS. Instead of having to search through the internet (cos not sure if I can find it) for the graphic card driver after doing the above, is it possible for me to just copy out the said driver from the pc first, say to a thumb drive, BEFORE I perform the above, then just reinstall the driver after that? And will it work? If so, where can I locate the driver in Drive C?
Thx very much for all your inputs.

nitestick said:
google "driver guide toolkit". that will help you find any drivers that won't be re-installed with windows and back them up. what is the graphics card anyway?

All I can tell is that it's a Nvidia graphic card.
Not sure what's the model as the pc belongs to my friend.
Believe it's a low-end card. I didn't have the opportunity to
dismantle the thing and see.

Warez Monster said:
what brand are they? you need to find the inf file in system32......

Sorry, I'm not sure what brand is it.
Anyway, Ive searched through C:\WINDOWS\system32, couldn't find the inf file you mentioned.

apokalipse said:
Nvidia's cards use Forceware drivers. they can be easily found all over the net.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/ has a pretty big selection of them, including tweaked versions
do you know what your sound card is?

The sound card is onboard/integrated type.
Just to update you all, after I've reinstalled the Windows XP Pro, I'm surprised to find that I did not have to install the graphic card (as well as the network interface card) driver. Think the driver is integrated in Windows XP Pro, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom