I've questions again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noom

Baseband Member
Hi Guru,

I'm waiting for only my cpu arrival to build my first computer.
Now I need to make sure everything will be correct in my views before start on Monday :eek:

1.My 2-120mm Fans came with both 3/4 pin connectors.
So, 4 pins must be connected with 4 pins from PSU and 3 pins should be connected on the board or I choose only 1 type of connection???
I've 3 fan connectors on board, but 4 fans, 1st on heatsink, 2nd from rare case fan-120mm, 3rd from front case fan-120mm, and last from side panel fan-80mm.

Thanks in advance.

Hooking the fans into the mobo allows the mobo to control the speed of the fans.

Hooking the fans into the PSU directly makes them run at full speed when the computer is running.

The HS/F MUST be plugged up to the mobo. It has its own plug-in right next to the CPU.

It's a matter of personal preference in my eyes.

I would have the front and rear fans straight-wired to the PSU myself... unless they sound like leaf blowers, then I'd replace 'em. Same goes for a blowhole fan.

A side fan can go either way. Well, so could the front fan... but not the rear. Or the HS/F.

yet another time trotter has gotten me out of a sticky situation... thanks again :) .

ya.. cuz i just got this 6800 gs and i'm pretty sure i need to change my factory 350 watt psu (even though recommended was 350 watt) ... so i must put in this 450 watt coolmax i have.... while still crap, it'll get the job better than what is in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom