7800GTX512 heat sink upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomstick666

Daemon Poster
i was wondering if theres any improved version of heat sink for 7800GTX512.
cuz...it gets really hot. right now im just putting 12" fan right next to it.
it somewhat helps (bringing 3c - 4c down). mb putting AS5 on it? i know its over volted already on this card but i want to try OC little more....(now at 605/1800..i could go till 615/1850 but it gets too hot) but more than the OC, i want this thing to be more quiet..(cuz of extra 12" fan) is water cooling the solution? and pls dont tell me i don have to OC this card...cuz i know i can run all the games out there today..but for future purpose..i want to OC this card more and prepared for it.

o i didn know it can hundle 100c...mine is cirtainly less than that.
nice to know that it can go way more. thx!
but wait...i havent checked the temp while in intensive game play.
mb i should do that..btw how can i switch back to windows while playn BF2?
is there any key command for it?? im a very newb about windows....
other apps i can just press windows key to make the switch but it wont work on BF2..

That's not accurate though, in the time it takes to get back to windows it can drop 10*C...download NVTemplogger, it logs ur video cards temperature and graphs it so u can see the max it went up to.

It's pretty sad how that card is a total beast today... But rumor has it that the ATI X1900XTX outperforms it by over 30%. I'm assuming that the 7900 Series will do the same... He's got a $800 videocard and in a few weeks there will be something much better... It's sad really...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom