Most overclockable pc for 1k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok as title says, friend challenged me to a "battle". He says I cant hit 8k with a $1,000 pc. I really only need case, psu, mobo, cpu, ram, videocard and the rest on best cooling possible. Since i will do max oc I need to have max cooling. Sadly EVERYTHING must be ordered from newegg. Build can go all the up to 1k, no farther. I need to hit 8k as basic bet but he can hit almost 9k and if i beat his almost 9k i win double original bet, $1,000! Hook me up guys!!!!!!

Wth, 1000$ bet over a computer? Right..
Well if you mean in 3DMARK05, you can get that easily with a 7800GTX even with crappy other components. If that's all you want the computer for; 8k 05mark's, then get:
MSI K8N Neo4-F
AMD Opteron 148
G.Skill 1Gb 2.5Cas Latancy RAM, 2.5-3-3-6 timing
7800GTX (Or GT if you're confident you can overclock nicely)
Antec/Fortron/OCZ 500W/above powersupply
Some cheap case
Some cheap optical drives
80Gig Seagate/WD Hard drive
Zalman 80/92/120mm CPU Cooler

This is going to come REALLY close if not over your 1000$ budget if you include the 7800GTX.
You'd definately be okay if you get the 7800GT though, and my brother gets around 8200 with his system, which is only an AMD 3500, 1 Gig RAM, some Abit Mobo, and his eVGA 7800GT NOT OVERCLOCKED.

And Flanker, unless I'm missing something you forgot Powersupply, optical drives, hard drive..

ilovesocks said:
Wow, sexy! If you need to slim it down a bit, get a cheaper CPU, like a Venice. The only thing that matters is the graphics card.

I actually had a 3000+ Venice ($120) in that build earlier, but I thought, "Whats the point of building a PC for a bet. Lets make this good."

Lol well,
The motherboard and ram aren't good for overclocking - although I recommended the motherboard for budget, the ram you suggested is sort of pointless if he's wanting to overclock. Unless he'd only be overclocking to get 8k, and that's all he cares about.
Like I said earlier, you left out a lot man, powersupply, hard drive, optical drives - these things are important..

Read his original post. Only think I'm missing is a PSU. I've been doing this for a while now, and don't leave anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom