No contacts in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I have some contacts in Outlook 2003, but if I try to insert them into the To, Cc, or Bcc fields they do not appear in the list of contacts. Nor do they appear in the list when I try to make a distribution list. Yet they clearly appear when I click the Contacts tab on the main screen of Outlook.

What could be the problem and any ideas on how to fix it?

I'm not sure what that means... only that the following is what it looks like, and when I click the drop down box - there is nothing to chose from.

Attachments

• no contacts1 (custom).jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
open outlook, go to the address book, click tools, options, set it to Global address list. Is this at work? If you still dont see anything, go to properties, \Global Address List <---do you see this or something similar? That is the directory path hierarchy for the container

The first recommendation did not work, there is nothing in the drop down list. I did not fully understand the second reccomendation sorry.

tools | Accounts, view/change address book, delete outlook address book, readd a outlook address book, close outlook, reopen outlook, and try again.

i had to do this a few times after moving a pst file to a new location.

csamuels said:
tools | Accounts, view/change address book, delete outlook address book, readd a outlook address book, close outlook, reopen outlook, and try again.

i had to do this a few times after moving a pst file to a new location.

This won't delete the contacts that are currently in my address book (or wherever they heck they claim to be)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom