Antec truepower 550
DFI lanparty Ult-D
2 Gs of Gskill ram
Evga Geforce 7800GT
AMD 64 X2 3800+ dual core
WD 250G hdd
Sound Blaster X Fi

This computer will not post :angry:

Everything has been installed properly and all cables are where they need to be. I've even taken it to a well known computer repair shop in my area and the guy couldn't even help me.

All fans are getting power and running, RAM light is on, stand by led is on, vid card is getting power, opt drives are getting power, the hdd does power up.

Upon start up all 4 System condition LEDs turn on and STAY on. Its not counting down to the system boot up.

It does not make any sounds other than the hardware powering up and fans running. No beeps, clicks, blips, or booms.

The monitor activity light is orange then blinks off and back to orange.:(

I really don't know whats going on. I'm just really frustrated and tired. I'm gonna do some reading, I'll take some photos in the AM so you guys can see exactly what I'm talking about

Try to remove one ram stick at a time and boot off of one stick to see if that may be the problem.Ive had that happen to me with a new build once.
Also If that dosnt work Take the Motherboard out of your computer and lay it on a static bag leaving the ram video card and cpu on the board and try to boot .It could be grounding out.

Ok no luck with the RAM.

I'll try taking out the mobo tomorrow morning. I'm getting a little upset and i dont want to break anything so I think its time for some Final Fantasy XI.

Ok, please don't flame me for the wiring guys. I'm just trying to get it running then I'll clean everything up.

Picture020.jpg

soooooo, the chipset fan is running, cpu heatsink fan is running, intake and exit fans are running, RAM light is on, standby led is on, but if you look at the lower left hand corner the system condition LEDs are all on and stay on and the monitor shows no activity.

I tried pulling the board out like you said and got the same results.

I would first try to get some Audio beep codes to pinpoint the problem.
Do you have the 12v. power lead connected to the Cpu ??
Is the speaker connector hooked up properly??
Remove all the Ram........ any audio beep codes?
Remove the Video card ..... any beeps?
If you still get 'no beeps'...... I would suspect the Cpu or Mobo.

John....

Make certain that your PC speaker is hooked up to your mobo. Also, pull your sound card and try booting.

I would also pull all your drives and try booting. An otherwise healthy computer will have no problem getting into BIOS without drives.

Another thing to try is resetting the CMOS. Read your manual for this, as it'll give you pics on where the jumper is.

I was going to tell him to read your article at the top and try to run it with the 'bare essentials'.
It almost sounds like the Cpu is not powered or dead.
It should still Post, even if the Bios is wrong....... right?

Removed the power cable. Then remove the watch battery on the motherboard. Wait 5 minutes. Reinsert the watch battery then plug it in. Crack it up and let us know what happens.

Do you have the 12v. power lead connected to the Cpu ??
I believe so.

Is the speaker connector hooked up properly??
Yes

Remove all the Ram........ any audio beep codes?
No

Remove the Video card ..... any beeps?
No

Make certain that your PC speaker is hooked up to your mobo. Also, pull your sound card and try booting.
Done

I would also pull all your drives and try booting. An otherwise healthy computer will have no problem getting into BIOS without drives.
Done

Another thing to try is resetting the CMOS. Read your manual for this, as it'll give you pics on where the jumper is.
Done

It almost sounds like the Cpu is not powered or dead.

This is what i'm thinking. The system condition lights are not counting down like the manual says they should. Its supposed to go like this
**** = System start-up
***x = CPU detected
**xx = DRAM detected
*xxx = VGA detected
xxxx = System boot-up

But than again i'm not getting ANY beeps or sounds from the computer. I've tried it with the mobo speaker jumper on both of the settings. I've also made sure that the ATX case speaker was hooked up right. I've also tried it with green eggs and ham said sam i am.

Removed the power cable. Then remove the watch battery on the motherboard. Wait 5 minutes. Reinsert the watch battery then plug it in. Crack it up and let us know what happens.
Done

Guys i've tried every suggestion so far and . . . . .

Same $*it, different time of day.

Just a few pics cause i love playing with my new cam.

Picture022.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom